Application The EZ-Leg will firmly clamp two 1 1/2" rails together and provide additional support for your bed with its adjustable glide. Installation Instructions Note: Please also see the accompanying "Assembly Instruction Illustrations" under More Views. The following Assembly Instructions reference these Assembly Instruction Illustrations
- Insert plastic inserts into leg and tap with a hammer until the plastic insert is fully seated.(Please see "Figure 1")
- Place the wing-nut on the stem of the glide with the wings of the nut pointing down toward the glide. Turn the wing-nut until it is about half way down the stem. (Please see "Figure 1")
- Screw the stem of the the glide, with the wing-nut installed, into the plastic insert previously tapped into the leg. Screw at least 1 1/8" (height of the Plastic Insert) of the Stem into the Leg in order to provide sufficient support for the Stem. (Please see "Figure 1")
- Slide the leg down the bottom most overlapping rail until it has cleared the junction of the two rails to be clamped together. Locking Plate and Leg may be in either the closed or open position for this step. (Please see "Figure 2")
- For the next step you need to open both the Locking Plate and the Leg. (Please see "Figure 2")
- Slide the leg in the opposite direction so that it encloses and overlaps both rails to be joined by at least 5". (Please see "Figure 3")
- Swing the Leg down to its vertical position and swing the Locking Plate into its locked position, making sure that the leg is engaged by the Locking Clamp and that the holes for the Locking Bolt line up one directly above the other.(Please see "Figure 4")
- Insert the Locking Bolt into the Locking Bolt Holes for the Locking Plate and Leg and tighten with two 1/2" wrenches. (Please see "Figure 4")
- Adjust the stem of the glide by screwing it in or out of the leg until in makes firm contact with the floor surface.
- The final step is to lock the glide in position by tightening the wing-nut until it is firmly locked in position against the leg. The EZ-Leg is now installed.