Product DescriptionOur Sofa Legs Are Not Just for Sofas
Our sofa legs are not just for the sofa. They also fit well and look well on chairs, ottomans, and other furniture items.
The Importance of Good Sofa Legs
Your entire sofa, chair, ottoman and other furniture pieces rest on the leg. If the leg is loose or otherwise defective, the result can be an uncomfortable use of the furniture. Defective legs can lead to structural damage to the furniture item because of uneven stress loads being placed on the frame. It is important, not only for appearance sake, but also for the well being of your furniture to keep the legs in good repair.
Change the Style or Height of Your Furniture with New Legs
Even if your legs are still in good condition, you may wish to add new legs for function or appearance sake. Purchasing longer legs than are presently installed will raise the height of the furniture item from the floor. Of course, shorter legs will lower the height. An easy cost effective way to alter the style of your furniture is with the installation of new legs. There are many styles, color, and finishes from which to choose.
The Leg Daddy 2 1/8" Brown Tapered Cylindrical HDPE Plastic Sofa Leg
This leg is attached to the furniture item with a 5/16" hanger bolt. Attachment and removal of the leg is easy. The leg is simply turned to the right to install and to the left to remove. HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) is an extremely tough plastic which has high rigidity, good impact resistance, and high tensile strength. These qualities makes its application as a furniture leg very advantageous. The circumference of the leg is embossed with an attractive wood grain pattern.
Special Note on Hanger Bolts and T-Nuts
- Please be advised that there are two sizes of Hanger Bolts and T-Nuts. Please carefully check the hanger bolt size on your present leg to assure that your new legs will be compatible. Both your present leg and your new leg need to have the same size hanger bolt. The Hanger Bolt on this leg is 5/16".
- If your furniture item was manufactured in the United States, your Hanger Bolt / T-Nut is probably the 5/16" size.
- If your furniture is European / Italian, your Hanger Bolt / T-Nut is probably the Metric (M10) 10mm size..
- Please see the Hanger Bolt Illustrations under More Views for a comparison view of the 5/16" Hanger Bolt and 10mm M10 Hanger Bolt. Please note how to use a common Bic® pen for a size comparison.
- If you are uncertain which size Hanger Bolt / T-Nut you need, please call for assistance.